$1.99M in Revenue out of 1600 sq ft of second floor real estate.

  • Industry
    Beauty - Lashes
  • HQ Location
    New York City
  • Franchise Fee ($)
    52500
  • Investment (High)
    560895
  • Investment (Low)
    312395
  • Number of Franchisees
    0

2019 The Lash Loft Franchise Opportunity

In Brief:

  • The Lash Loft is a lash franchise that started business in March of 2013.
  • The company is known for being the premier lash studio of NYC and popularizing the "Lash Lift".
  • The Lash Loft is the most Instagramed lash franchise in existence with over 30K follows and features by Buzz Feed and Beauty Insider.
  • After nearly a decade of success in NYC The Lash Loft is opening a second location in NYC and seeking experienced franchisees to bring its brand to other major metros.

The Lash Loft Financial Summary

  • Initial Franchise Fee: $52,500
  • Upfront Development Fee for 3-Unit Market: $105,000
  • Upfront Development Fee for 5-Unit Market: $157,500
  • Upfront Startup Costs (Single-Unit): $312,395 to $560,895.
  • Royalty Fee: 6% of Revenue.
  • Brand Development Fee: 2% of Revenue

WHY THE LASH LOFT

1) THE STORY.

In 2013, Shellyann Bainlardi experienced lash treatments for the first time. She loved the results, but was dissatisfied with the experience and saw massive room for improvement on several levels: the quality of the product itself, the guest experience, and the studio environment. Around the same time, her husband Peter Bainlardi was looking to leave an executive position in trading at an investment bank to find a new business that he could indeed make his future passion. Of course, given Peter’s years of finance experience, passion alone wouldn’t be enough: the numbers would have to inspire as well.

The couple launched The Lash Loft NYC in Manhattan’s Flatiron neighborhood in 2013 to an immediate positive response. Peter and Shellyann continued to test and refine the business model over the years, deliberately building a premium brand supported by operational systems that could be taught and replicated across the country and internationally.

By early 2019, they fine-tuned the model, and the brand was larger than ever, with many social influencers singing the brand’s praises to millions of Instagram followers. Meanwhile, the brand received coverage from viral media giant BuzzFeed as well as other popular publishers As/Is, Style Caster, and Observer.

2) THEY SUPPORT FRANCHISEES EVERY STEP OF THE WAY

The Lash Loft has created a training and support program build around replicating the success of the first Lash Loft location in Flatiron NYC. From a a fully streamlined supply chain, to a multi stage training and support program built around the aesthetician.

3) A $878 MILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY.

Lash extensions are new to the beauty service industry and there isn’t a ton of data yet on how many sole proprietors are operating versus major companies. However, Kline & Company, a New Jersey based research firm, says that the lash extension services industry grew from $808 Million in 2017 to $875 Million in 2018. This growth was due in large part to franchise growth from three growing franchise systems focused on lash services. Together, the 3 brands make up about $170 Million to $200 Million of the $875 Million market, or roughly 20% of the total revenue. The other 80% is made up of smaller market players and sole proprietorships. (Data drawn from the Franchise Disclosure Documents of Lash Lounge, Amazing Lash, and Deka Lash.)

4) SOCIAL BASED MARKETING

The Lash Loft instagram features real customers and real lash artists rather than just staged photos of models. The account tells real stories rather than relying on stock or professional imagery. By doing this The Lash Loft has generated the largest insgram following of any Lash Franchise in the industry leading to it's tremendous success in NYC.

THE LASH LOFT 2019 FDD SUMMARY

Any prospective franchisee of Xpresso Delight is expected to pay a non-refundable Initial Franchise Fee of $52,500. If you prefer to be a "Multi-Unit" franchisee you may need to commit to multiple Franchise Fees upfront depending on market size. The Lash Loft estimates that the initial investment to open a single Lash Loft usually ranges from $312,395 - $560,895.